Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween Party




I must admit that I tend to stick to traditions. With this being my first Halloween that I was away from family, I had to find a way to keep up some of the traditions. I wasn't quite brave enough to try out the homemade donuts this year - I'll have to save that for next year. Instead, we had some friends over for a traditional Halloween dinner. This turned out to be a little more difficult than I had first anticipated. You would think that finding a pumpkin on Halloween would be an easy task. Think again! After visiting several stores and pumpkin patches, I found that there were no pumpkins to be found. After calling several other places, we finally located a pumpkin patch that had pumpkins. Rich wanted the pumpkin stew enough to drive 20 miles to go get a pumpkin. We enjoyed a great dinner of pumpkin stew and other orange foods. We also had a great time decorating sugar cookies with some of our friends. Our friend's little girl Kambri decided to decorate a cookie for each one of us (with a LOT of frosting and a little cookie...she even added special candy like jaw breakers and cream savers to add to the flavor)! We enjoyed a great Halloween and held on to a few of the traditions!

1 comment:

The Mom said...

Fun traditions - I'd love to have the recipe for pumpkin stew... If your hubby is willing to drive 20 miles for it, it must really be something :)