Sunday, January 14, 2007

Gratitude Moment

I really like something that my friend does on her blog each Sunday. She takes the time to reflect upon things that she is thankful for from the past week. (I hope she doesn't mind my borrowing the idea!)

First, I am thankful that Parker's tooth popped through so that I now understand why he has been so upset. Hopefully this means that he will start sleeping! Along these notes, I am thankful for a few needed phone calls this week that came just at the right moment when I needed someone to talk to!

I am thankful that I could get out of the house and do something each day this week. This may seem little, but it was nice to have something fun to look forward to each day. We a birthday party, football party, pictures, zoo, visiting teaching, shopping, and dinners. I am thankful for all of the fun friends that we are making down here!

I am thankful for Parker and all of the joy that he brings to me. It is so much fun to play with him and watch him grow. It seems like he is learning new things every day. This week he especially enjoyed playing the piano and banging on his drum. I am thankful for the precious gift that he is to me!

I am thankful for Rich and all that he does for me. One nice thing that he did this week was he came home and took care of Parker for a couple of hours, cleaned up the house, and helped me when I had a migraine and also later that day to go to a meeting. I am thankful that he could make time in his BUSY schedule!

I am thankful for all the love and support from friends and family! Have a great Sunday!

1 comment:

The Mom said...

Becca - I would love for you to join in on Sundays!!! I love reading everyone's lists, and I have found that I love doing Grains of Gratitude because I have so much to be grateful for :) I'm glad Parker's tooth came in - can't wait to see toofies pics - I just love those first baby teeth. I've been working on Kelsie's birthday/baptism montage and it's been so fun to look back to when she was a baby. Time goes so fast - so enjoy your sweet boy!!!