Your tires get slashed overnight. People even saw teenagers walking around in the middle of the night, but didn't bother to report them.
You have to turn your tv up to a volume of 50 just to hear over the a/c.
You pay more in electricity for your small apartment than many people do for a house because of the inefficiency (and because the insulation is so bad that you are trying to cool down the outside!)
Your house smells like cigarette smoke during the summer because all of your neighbors smoke and it seeps through the walls and ceiling.
You get woken up by a police megaphone right outside your window as he makes an arrest.
You have to climb up 15 stairs with your baby and all of your groceries in 115 degree weather. Oh the bottom floor would be nice!
Your apartment complex turns off the water on several different occasions, but doesn't bother to warn you that they are going to.
You see drug deals going on in your own complex.
There are raging parties right outside your apartment (because you are right by the pool) that last for 12 straight hours...Now, a party is fine - but when the music is so LOUD that you can't even hear things in your own apartment, it's a little too much!
You have an address that is too long with an apartment number that always seems to mess up companies, so you usually have to get things shipped to you twice!
You live upstairs and constantly worry about making too much noise for the neighbors.
You have no storage space...which is especially bad because Parker is growing out of a lot of BIG toys and you need a place to store them.
The complex uses sprinklers to water your car, the dirt, and the cactus (what's the point of having desert landscape if you are going to use water anyway?!) Yes...our car gets more sprinkler water than anything else!
There is never any parking at the complex.
WE'RE MOVING!
Well, there you have it. I guess that we're glad that we are moving in just over a month! Wahoo! Our friends are moving to Singapore for a couple of years and offered to let us rent their house for the same price as our rent. Man, did we luck out! We get a much bigger place, a yard, and we don't have deal with all of the above.
8 comments:
That is so awesome that you guys get to move into a bigger place. I can' believe that all of those things are going on at your apartment. I would go nuts. I thought having to watch people bathe their 5 year old daughter out in their front yard was bad--but I should definitely stop complaining!! I'm really excited for you guys, I'm sure that you will love it!!
Wow, that makes our apartment living not seem so bad. I am glad you are getting such a great deal and can move into something bigger.
Oh my gosh! That is bad! Did you car tires get slashed last night??? AWFUL! Well, if you need anything, a ride to get new tires or anything else, be sure to let me know!!!
That sounds pretty bad. But, at least it makes a good story to tell. Remember when we used to joke that you lived in the ghetto in Orem? That place is like Beverly Hills compared to this. Good luck with the move!
I probably exaggerate and make it sound much worse than it is...I don't feel unsafe or anything. There are just some things that drive me crazy. Ash - it is definitely bigger than the ghetto in Orem, but all of those complaints from Orem are nothing. You are right, Orem looks pretty good right now. Man, I have lived in some fun places...I lived in a really SMALL place in Provo to (the junky Belmont). At least it is good rent :)
All that matters is that we get to rent a nice place in a good neighborhood - and stay in the ward :)
Yayy - it sounds like the move will be wonderful (minus the pool thing - dang). So glad that you will have a yard to play in - I bet Parker will LOVE that!!!!
Let the countdown to your new place begin! Only __ days until apartment living is behind you! Hopefully it will be a tame month.
I'm glad you get to move to a nicer place :) We definitely don't have any problems at our apartment complex... but I wouldn't mind having some friends who would leave the country for a few years and let us rent a house here, since we will never be able to afford a southern California house ourselves, and we can't live in a 1-bedroom apartment forever. I'm happy for you.
Post a Comment