
I took Parker to the dentist for the first time this week. It went much smoother than I thought because they did the entire exam (2 minutes) with Parker in my lap. I took him to a pediatric dentist so the waiting room was filled with toys for him to play with while we waited (good thing because it was a long wait!). Then, they brought him back. He was his normal shy self and wouldn't do x-rays and they didn't even attempt anything besides checking his teeth. Now, I don't have much experience with pediatric dentistry, but I was surprised by how short the whole visit was. Apparently, at this age they just want to slowly make the kids more comfortable with the idea of the dentist.
The best part for Parker was that he FINALLY got a balloon and a sticker at the end of the appointment. He had seen another child with one when we first walked in and began asking for one immediately. It must have been worth the wait though, because he was definitely satisfied with his balloon and sticker :)
1 comment:
I'm glad he did so well. I keep debating on whether to take James to a pediatric dentist or our family dentist.
Post a Comment