Thursday, September 25, 2008

Photoshop Fun

These last few weeks, I have definitely been lost in the world of learning. I got Photoshop CS3 (love it!) and I have been having so much fun learning all of the new things that I can do with it. I haven't even begun to scratch the surface, but I have had a lot of fun learning. I really just wish that I could go back to school and take classes (no I'm not talking about math and science classes), but fun classes. I think that I would take photography, photoshop, video editing, literature, etc. I always heard people say that when I was in school, but I didn't fully understand it until after I graduated. Learning is fun!

So since I can't go to school, I have been trying to teach myself using the internet and books. I checked out a fabulous books called, "Scott Kelby's 7-Point System for Adobe Photoshop." I felt like I had a teacher right with me the whole time. He lets you download some of his "bad" pictures that he has taken and then takes you through the process of how to fix bad pictures into amazing pictures (now if I could only figure out how to make my own pictures this great!) It was fun because with his instructions, I felt such satisfaction when I made them into great pictures :) So, here are a few of my lessons.

Remember, these are his pictures edited with his instructions...but it is fun to see what you can do :) I highly recommend this book for those who want to learn more about editing! (Keep in mind - they get artsy!)




I did 21 lessons and there were so many fun things that I learned. I can't take credit for the pictures, but I had fun learning how to edit them like Scott Kelby would. So, if any of you are looking for some photoshop fun - try this book out!

7 comments:

Andrea said...

I should check it out. Dave bought me Photoshop CS3 for dummies - I should read it too:)

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

WOW, I seriously need to read that book and get Photoshop lessons! You are so impressive!

The Mom said...

That's so cool! I have a photoshop program, but I've never even installed it on my computer - how bad is that? I just knew I didn't have the time learn how to use it yet! I'm so jealous of your learning and lessons :) Loved what you did with the pics! Can't wait to see what you can do with your own :)

Young Family said...

I am taking a photoshop class at the U of U next week. I am very excited because I haven't figured out how to use it at all. Does the book you use corespond to Elements? If not do you have suggestions for me on what books are good?

Jen and Ty said...

you are amazing. photography and digital scrapbooking are the two things I really want to learn and you are a pro at both! I am so impressed with all you do! Hope life in phoenix is going well. Now that we are living in Flagstaff, it would be great to see you some time. I am sure we will be down plenty in the winter when it starts getting chilly in Flag.

Mary said...

Your pictures are gorgeous. I wish I had the time to figure out photoshop more-Maybe someday!

emma d. said...

wow those pictures are amazing! btw, i added a i heart your blog on my blog, so you should look at it!