Sunday, July 08, 2007

Encore

You know when someone says a word and you immediately break into song?! Maybe we do this because we somehow in our deepest desires want to live a musical. We wish that we all could do matching choreography and sing at the top of our lungs for every situation that we face...Well, that isn't reality - but I am sure that we all catch ourselves thinking of songs several times throughout the day. Tonight we had a fun time playing Encore. I never get Rich to play this game with me (partially because we never have the right group and also because it involves singing), but tonight we played and it was a blast. We sang back and forth for a couple of hours trying to stump the other team. GIRLS WON! Now we have the bragging rights (although we did make it pretty close there at the end!) It is funny how some songs come back to you from so long ago and also how you can use the same song for many different words or themes. We had quite the variety of songs from primary, to hymns, to children songs, to Disney, pop, country, rap, rock...You name it. So, I am sure that I will be singing songs in my heads for days now thinking about new songs that I should have used in the game. I hope that I don't get too many stuck in my head!

4 comments:

Michelle... said...

Sounds like a fun game. I have never been a big fan of those singing games either.

We played one at a Christmas party where you pull a word out of a bowl and go around the circle naming a song with that word in the title or lyrics. You did this until someone was stumped. They are out and you pick a new word. It was crazy!

The Mom said...

Ohhh - this sounds like a fun game. I'm going to have to look for it! Kent and Hunter are all about the singing :)

Katie said...

It sounds like you're having such a great time in Arizona. That's fun that you and Erika are friends. You'll have to post some of your good recipes for ice cream!

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

I love that game! So glad you have it! We will have to play it sometime...you guys are the King and Queen of games! :)